Apr 18, 2010

Time To Set Sail: Eiichiro Oda's One Piece

Now, I'm sure you've heard or seen this series but let me introduce myself. Hello, my name is ToonFaithful aka Mr. Freeze from Toon Zone's message board and I am a member of The Comic Book Panel. This is my first post on this blog and I am excited to be with the rest of the crew! Today I'd like to talk about the manga series One Piece, created by Eiichiro Oda and published by Viz Media.


I just started reading the series a couple weeks ago and I gotta say, I'm loving it so far. The one thing I've noticed when reading was that there's similarities between Luffy and Naruto. They want to achieve their goal. Luffy- becoming the pirate king and Naruto- becoming the hokage. Luffy is my favorite character coming with Usopp in 2nd and Zoro in 3rd. Well, let me tell you the plot: One Piece follows the adventures of Monkey D. Luffy , a 17-year-old boy who gained supernatural abilities by eating a magical fruit, and his ragtag crew of heroic pirates, named the Straw Hats. Luffy's greatest ambition is to obtain the world's ultimate treasure, One Piece, and thereby become the next Pirate King.

Right now, I am on the Enies Lobby Arc and the reviews were right about this arc, there are many twists and turns going on right now. It's calming down now but at the beginning of this arc, tragic. Now I know that this is The Comic Book Panel, strictly for comics only but I'm hoping the anime gets re-aquired by Cartoon Network soon. I want the Funimation dub, not the 4kids dub because that was just a mess.



The artwork is simply amazing. Luffy isn't the only tool in the shed we got Zoro the Swordsman, Usopp the Sharpshooter, Nami the Navigator, Nico Robin the Archeologist , Sanji the Cook, and last but not least, Chopper the Doctor. Luffy's moves are awesome! He has many like Pistol(as seen in the picture above) and much more! My favorite battle was with Luffy was him vs. Usopp so far. A very emotional, devastating battle. Usopp stole the show. Luffy only got like 3 punches while Usopp was blowing up the place.

Back in the day, I never gave One Piece and Naruto a chance. In 2007, I became obsessed with Naruto. In 2010, I became obsessed with One Piece.This series has funny segments, awesome action scenes, and drama. I recommend it to everybody who hasn't read it yet. Just give it a chance. Not just One Piece but any kind of book. I hope you enjoyed this post and check out the manga! You'll love it!

1 comment:

  1. I never liked One Piece, I gave it a solid shot too, more than once in fact. I'm glad you found some joy in it through.

    ReplyDelete